FUNDED Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship

Do you have Teaching Assistants (TAs) or Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) currently employed in school that would benefit from FUNDED face to face training?

Are you looking to recruit TAs / LSAs in the future that may benefit from FUNDED face to face training?

We are proud to be working with Best Practice Network and Essex County Council to facilitate face to face TA training via the Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship.

This programme will be the first of its kind!

TAs will be learning together in a local network to share best practice. This is an excellent opportunity for local, contextualised learning and development.

About the Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship 

A series of 10 face-to-face half day sessions and 4 online sessions will take place over the 15-month programme. These sessions will be taught by an experienced tutor and follow a curriculum personally designed by Best Practice Network. Apprentices will also have tutor visits to their school every 6 weeks to support their learning.

The sessions will be hosted in South Essex schools within commuting distance of all learners. These sessions may rotate venues and we are excitingly looking for schools who would like to host 1 or more sessions.

Our next cohort will commence in the Autumn 2024  Enrolment will be commencing soon!

This programme is available for TAs located in Essex, Southend, Thurrock, Havering and Hertfordshire.

Eligible TAs must be employed as a Teaching Assistant or LSA in a school in Essex, Southend, Thurrock, Havering or Hertfordshire.

Please see our programme brochure for eligibility (link below).

This programme is funded by the Apprenticeship Levy. If you pay into the Levy, it will be 100% funded.

If you are a non-levy payer, you can still access funding!  The Government will fund 95% of the programme and the remaining 5% will be paid by the school in monthly payments.

Levy transfers are also available, so you will still receive 100% funding.

For Essex Schools, Essex County Council has a sizeable Apprenticeship levy funding pot available to schools.  We are keen to share this opportunity with schools.

The process is very quick and straightforward and we will be available to support you!

To find out more please contact Will Chaney – Learning and Development Lead at Essex County Council.

Next Steps – Enrolment!

We will shortly open our enrolment window for the Autumn 2024 cohort.

Places will be limited to 15 learners per group.

Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Please email to let us know you would like to secure one or more places.


Further Information
If you require any further information in relation to the programme, please contact Melanie Jones