Secondary Subject Network Meetings 2021-22
For Secondary School Subject Leaders, Teachers, ECTs & Trainees
Our termly secondary subject networks continue to go from strength to strength with 50 schools and over 350 teachers having engaged in meetings so far. If you would like to see a network running beyond those listed below, please get in touch via the Contact tab! Given the huge expansion of these networks in recent years, an annual whole school membership fee of £50 will now apply assisting network administration. This fee covers all teaching staff across your school for all networks running during this academic year. Networks are FREE to all Billericay Teaching Alliance Members. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the benefits of being a member including course reductions and free courses or CLICK HERE.
About the networks
We are pleased to share that many of our network meetings are now being facilitated ONLINE via Zoom! In 2021-22, we aspire to offer a mix of Zoom and face to face meetings to offer as many schools the opportunity to engage in our networks.
Come together with like-minded colleagues to share ideas and good practice, and explore challenges and opportunities by attending this sequence of network meeting held three times during the academic year (Nov, Feb/Mar, and June/July).
Where previous networks have already taken place, colleagues have benefitted from valuable discussions from some or all of the following areas:
- Developing strategies, and sharing ideas
- Exam moderation, Exam Boards and Resources
- Sharing resources and exemplar material
- Curriculum changes, challenges and planning
- Progression through KS3-5, The New Syllabus
- Assessment, and challenges through KS3-5
Below are the meetings dates currently confirmed. Further dates to be confirmed soon! Keep checking this page for further info.
- MEDIA – 23 Nov, 22 Mar & 20 June 2022 (4.00pm-5.00pm) – ONLINE
- MATHS – 17 Nov 2021, 23 Feb & 29 June 2022 (4.15pm-5.30pm)
- ENGLISH – 17 Nov 2021, 30 Mar & 22 June 2022 (4.00pm-5.15pm)
- FILM – Dates TBC (4.15pm-5.30pm)
- MFL – 23 Nov 2021, 22 Feb & 21 June 2022 (4:00pm-5:30pm)
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS – 10 Nov 2021, 2 Feb 2021 & 22 June 2021 (4:15pm-5:30pm)
- SCIENCE – 16 Nov 2021, 8 Feb & 28 June 2022 (4:00pm-5:15pm)
- PSYCHOLOGY & SOCIOLOGY – Dates TBC (3.45-4.45pm)
- RS – 9 Nov 2021, 8 Mar & 21 June 2022 (3:30pm-4:30pm)
- MUSIC – 11 Nov 2021, 10 Feb & 16 June 2022 (3.30pm-4:45pm)
- ART – Dates TBC
- HISTORY – Dates TBC (4:00pm-5:30pm)
- GEOGRAPHY -9 Nov 2021, 1 Feb & 14 June 2022 (4:30pm-5:30pm)
- VOCATIONAL SUBJECTS – Dates TBC (3.30pm-4.45pm)
To download a current flyer to share with colleagues CLICK HERE.
We look forward to welcoming you to our meetings. To book a place, click on the hyperlinked subject below to be taken to our online booking system. Typically colleagues would book all dates, but this is not essential. If the subject is not hyperlinked, or you experience difficulty, please contact Mel Jones, Email: email@example.com Tel: 01277 314420.
If you wish to attend – booking is crucial, particularly if on Zoom as you will need to be sent information to join the meeting!