School Direct & Initial Teacher Training
Thinking of becoming a primary or secondary school teacher? Why not train with Billericay Educational Consortium, the top performing provider in England, based in Essex.
We work with a large network of partnership schools in Essex and Havering who are passionate about training and developing outstanding and confident teachers. Schools design and deliver the programme reflecting on the real demands and challenges teachers face in the classroom.
We provide bespoke training of the highest quality and over the last five years 100% of our trainees have passed the course with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and gained a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with 60 Master credits.
The programme offers a real balance between hands on classroom experiences and the theory underpinning educational practice.
A very strong sense of teamwork exists across the partnership. Schools are highly influential and involved in the future direction of the partnership
Why train with us?
- Extensive experience as an initial teacher training provider of 23 years rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
- A partnership of 50 schools offering diverse settings to provide you with the knowledge and experience to deal with the many different types of challenges you will face
- Pre-course induction following the interview day to fully prepare you for the course
- Experience in a school setting from the very start of your training developing you as a well rounded teaching professional
- Engaging workshops delivered by outstanding practicing teachers providing a wealth of resources to inspire pupils
- Experienced school mentors providing excellent guidance and support tailored to your specific needs to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Opportunities to experience different learning environments within the training year including Early Years, Special Schools, Pupil Referral Unit and schools with a large percentage of pupils with English as an additional language
- In addition to QTS, working in partnership with University College London (UCL) to gain a Post Graduate Certificate in Education academic award (60 Master credits)
- We offer QTS only or QTS and PGCE – you choose
Becoming a successful teacher is a process which requires support and training of the highest quality. Initial Teacher Training is the important first step in the process. We are an intimate provider and staff members are very accessible with trainees feeling well supported and listened to. We are renowned for producing sound, experienced and reflective Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) who are sought after by schools both within and beyond the partnership.
I enjoyed the course because the balance between workshops and school based sessions really helped me to prepare me for my NQT year. The tutors and mentors were all very supportive
TRAINEE, June 2017
Is teaching for me?
Would I like:
- A life-changing experience
- A new challenge
- A fulfilling career
- Every day to be different
- To work with young people and make a difference to their lives
- Enthusiastic about teaching
- Energetic and hardworking
- A good communicator and listener, with a sense of humour
- Adaptable and flexible
- Able to use my initiative
- Passionate about learning
- Imaginative and creative
- Able to inspire and enthuse
- Well organised, focused and determined
- Resilient and able to cope with pressure
- Able to work in a team with other adults
- Self aware
- Able to be reflective, to listen and always willing to act on advice
If the answer is yes
THEN WE HAVE THE COURSE FOR YOU!
WHY NOT COME AND MEET US AT ONE OF OUR TASTER DAYS OR DROP IN SESSIONS.
A FULL LIST OF DATES CAN BE FOUND UNDER ‘INFORMATION EVENTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE